Sunday, October 31, 2010

Learning to be BIG

Saturday, October 30, 2010

What an exhilarating day! The session was on Theater and Arts as a Tool for Civic Engagement lead by Shaan, Lucky and J.R. It's nice to experience the session as a participant instead of actually conducting it. Now I know how my actors and students feel when I demand so much of them.

This session was especially good for the kids to learn the soft sell approach through the arts to convey their messages and causes. It challenges them to rethink their own strategies on how to speak to their peers and even the community to influence them to take action or to support a cause that they drive. An educator commented that perhaps he can even start using this method to teach history - not new, at least he is now open to more approaches and ideas.

The day ended with a Halloween Party, an evening that I did not get to go to as my head was spinning for some strange reason and decided to turn in early. Age is catching up for some of us... I'll let the rest of the group to share their experience and fun of the party...wish I was there....

from Teri, adult leader from Malaysia