Friday, November 19, 2010

SEAYLP Fall 2010: one surprise after another

It is the last day of the SEAYLP fall 2010's program. A lot of things I want to say, a lot of feelings and emotions mix up before I leave US after more than three weeks staying and visiting various places. All of the places we have come to, all of the things we have done, all of the people we have met have surprised us, have left us, SEAYLP members, and myself in particular, an indescribable impression. The practical knowledge we have gained from the program will be useful tools for our lives and careers in the years to come, will be applied, in one way to another, to build a better world for everyone. It is the friendliness, the patience, the enthusiasm, the good organizational skills, the sense of humour, etc of the people working in SEAYLP and the ones I have met that I admire. The image of elderly volunteers working in museums welcoming and giving instructions to visitors impressed me deeply. Observing how people live and work, how they benefit in a modernly-equipped country has motivated me to set new goals in life for myself with the hope to partially contribute to our community.