Sunday, November 7, 2010

T.G.I The Weekend! by Teri C - Educator, Malaysia

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I have stopped counting the days that I've been here in Dekalb, Illinois. I figure if I didn't keep count the stay won't seem so short. Well, I am not going to think about when I go home, I now live for the moment.

Everyone in the program has been working very hard in preparation for their assignments and the adult leaders were equally busy to assist and guide them since the day we arrived. Everyday since has been filled with activities and work therefore when weekend came on Friday after visiting the Illinois Math & Science Academy and the Fox River to conduct more water testing, all of us welcomed the weekend with joy more so when there were no assignments to be done on the weekend or at least nothing to stressful.

I am sure everyone would have a special story to share about their weekend. I took a road trip all the way to Wisconsin to visit the Harley Davidson Museum, Milwaukee on Saturday. What an amazing museum. Most interestingly, the museum is not just about bikes and I learned so much about the history of economics of USA, it's challenges, industry, technology and what an integral role that this company played in the development of it's country not to mention it's leadership styles of the office bearers. Quite apt as a business case study and even for our program.

Sunday came - daylight saving! Cooked REAL pancakes (not pancakes from a box) breakfast for my family and prepared French Chocolate Ganache (a dessert) for the family's dinner party later after watching the Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills squaring off in the field with the family and their invited relatives. There's food whole day long when it comes to football in this household and how the Americans love their Football! I enjoyed my first full game and am glad that the Chicago Bears kicked a** and won the game.

This is the American life... Bonding over Football, Food & Friendship!